Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: The Real Y2K Threat to Compaq

From: mea culpa <jericho () DIMENSIONAL COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 06:17:28 -0700

Reply From: GS Blyth <gblyth () synapse net>

 Some strain!

  "500,000 messages and 4,000 terabytes of data-all within 36 hours".
Hey...I might have counted the same finger twice in my quick guestimate, but
4,000 terabytes of data would be roughly 8 gigabytes per each one of those
500,000 messages.  At 1.5 megabits/sec, each one of these 500,000 messages
would have taken over 13 hours of dedicated connect time.  Must be some
corporate network!    4,000 terabytes is quite a pile - of bytes that is.