Interesting People mailing list archives

Google: Proposing a framework for data protection legislation

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:11:15 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Google: Proposing a framework for data protection legislation
Date: September 25, 2018 8:30:00 JST
To: nnsquad () nnsquad org

Google: Proposing a framework for data protection legislation

https://www.blog.google/outreach-initiatives/public-policy/proposing-framework-data-protection-legislation/

      Today, we're sharing our view on the requirements, scope, and
      enforcement expectations that should be reflected in all
      responsible data protection laws. This framework is based on
      established privacy frameworks, as well as our experience
      providing services that rely on personal data and our work to
      comply with evolving data protection laws around the world.
      These principles help us evaluate new legislative proposals
      and advocate for responsible, interoperable and adaptable data
      protection regulations. How these principles are put into
      practice will shape the nature and direction of innovation.
      You can find more detail in this PDF ...

- - -