Interesting People mailing list archives

re In an Open Letter, Microsoft Employees Urge the Company To Not Bid on the US Military's Project JEDI

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 13:11:52 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sidney Karin <skarin () ucsd edu>
Date: October 15, 2018 12:29:18 JST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] In an Open Letter, Microsoft Employees Urge the Company To Not Bid on the US Military's Project JEDI

Dave,  (For IP if you choose.)

The U.S. Military is not a murder machine.  Lauren’s comment is highly
insulting to a very large number of people and is way out of line.  Of course
Lauren is on the sidelines.  The Microsoft employees are in the game, their
position is at least equally insulting, to the military and to the nation.

…….Sid

P.S.  I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the U.S. (or any other)
military, however I have consulted to some units of the U.S. military.