Interesting People mailing list archives

Can consciuosness be measured by trust?

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:42:16 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ed Gerck, Ph.D." <egerck () gmail com>
Date: October 11, 2018 8:25:32 JST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Can consciuosness be measured by trust?

Dave and list,

We can no longer use a Turing test to measure intelligence, or differentiate humans from robots -- bots can easily
beat a human in chess, Go, image recognition, and voice calls.

But, can we measure consciousness? The idea may seem crazy, it appears certainly easier to measure intelligence than
a much deeper property we cannot even agree to define. However, when you change the solution space, you change the
way to look at things, then the things you look at change.

Here we show and invite discussions that this brings to the forefront the idea of consciousness, in its essential
terms, close to trust as reliance on information, sending or receiving, and offers a road to Artificial Intelligence
-- not just human consciousness but machine consciousness, measurably.

More at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/can-consciuosness-measured-trust-ed-gerck-phd/

Cheers,
Ed Gerck