Interesting People mailing list archives

quatum computing online course (3rd run)

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 12:41:05 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rodney Van Meter <rdv () sfc keio ac jp>
Date: October 10, 2018 12:37:53 JST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Rodney Van Meter <rdv () sfc keio ac jp>
Subject: quatum computing online course (3rd run)

Dave, for IP, if you wish:

The third run of our quantum computing online course (MOOC) is open now, up and running.  It is free, and will be
open until around the end of the year.

You’ve all been hearing about quantum computing for years, but in the last two years there has been a huge spike in
activity, including 75 or more startups and big projects starting in US, Japan, and especially EU and China.
Interested in learning what all the fuss it about?  Join our course and find out!

The course consists of about 100 steps, each intended to be about 10-15 minutes, a total of about 20 hours: the
amount of time it would take you to read two popular science books on the topic.  The material consists of short
articles, videos, demonstration applications in JavaScript, discussion boards (which we monitor and reply to), and
quizzes.

The only math you will need is the ability to add two vectors, and a basic understanding of probability.

See you online!
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/intro-to-quantum-computing

       —Rod