Interesting People mailing list archives

Event in Pittsburgh

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 07:23:12 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Christopher Mitchell <christopher () ilsr org>
Subject: Event in Pittsburgh
Date: June 19, 2018 at 5:57:09 AM GMT+9
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>

Dave,

Seeing as how you know many people in the area, I am hoping you would be able to share this announcement with some
people that may be interested. The organization Next Century Cities, which includes nearly 200 communities that are
engaging in policies to improve Internet access, is hosting an event in Pittsburgh on July 23-24. Next Century Cities
supports a long continuum of policy and has members that are working with incumbents as well as members that have
built their own networks like Chattanooga and many in between.

PDF of agenda is here: https://nextcenturycities.org/wp-content/uploads/Making-Connections-Agenda.pdf
<https://nextcenturycities.org/wp-content/uploads/Making-Connections-Agenda.pdf>

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Making Connections: A Regional Broadband Summit

July 23-24, 2018
Hosted by Next Century Cities
Marriott City Center
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Register now for Next Century Cities’ next regional broadband summit, Making Connections, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
from July 23-24, 2018! Registration is available at the bottom of this page or at this link
<https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3443745>.

Monday, July 23: Summit. This summit is a two-day event that will bring together broadband champions, community
leaders, and policy experts from federal, state, and local government to discuss today’s most pressing issues in
broadband deployment. Expert panelists will feature community success stories, and will dig in to digital equity,
network financing, 5G, rural solutions, and more.

We are looking forward to our welcome reception on Monday night at Pittsburgh City Hall.  This intimate event
provides vendors and municipalities the opportunity to network in an informal setting.

Tuesday, July 24: Second annual City-Vendor Connect. City-Vendor Connect brings together representatives from
counties, cities, and towns that are looking for creative solutions to connect their communities to high-speed,
reliable, affordable broadband and representatives from organizations offering a variety of proposed solutions.

City-Vendor Connect will be set up in a “speed networking” format, to provide cities and vendors the opportunity to
speak one-on-one to build relationships, discuss assets and needs, and create potential partnerships. The pairings of
cities and vendors will be curated based on mutual interest, needs, and priorities between cities and vendors.
Possible discussion topics range from fiber builds to 5G deployments to smart city analytics platforms. Cities and
vendors will have the option during registration to opt in or out of City-Vendor Connect.

Attendees are welcome to register for the summit portion of the event, day one, until seats are full. The deadline to
register for City-Vendor Connect is Monday, July 16, or until the limited seating has been filled.

Please find the event agenda here <https://nextcenturycities.org/wp-content/uploads/Making-Connections-Agenda.pdf>.

Christopher Mitchell
Director, Community Broadband Networks
Institute for Local Self-Reliance