Interesting People mailing list archives

Bloomberg Businessweek: The Most Awful Transit Center in America Could Get Unimaginably Worse

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 17:15:05 -0500

The Most Awful Transit Center in America Could Get Unimaginably Worse
Bloomberg Businessweek

■ January 10, 2018, 5:00 AM EST Commuters exit Penn Station. Think Penn Station is bad? Let’s go into the crumbling,
disaster-prone tunnels that lie beneath. To get to New York’s Penn Station, every northbound Amtrak passenger makes the
last leg of their journey, through tunnels beneath the Hudson River, in the dark. Trust me: They should be glad. One
day this autumn, an Acela pulls into Newark, N.J., and a railway spokesman escorts me onto the rear engine car, where
we stand and take in the Read the full story

Shared from Apple News