Interesting People mailing list archives

Re John Perry Barlow, Internet Pioneer, 1947-2018 | Electronic Frontier Foundation

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 03:08:59 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Gene Gaines <gene.gaines () gmail com>
Date: Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] John Perry Barlow, Internet Pioneer, 1947-2018 |
Electronic Frontier Foundation
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
CC: Ip <ip () listbox com>

I believe strongly that EFF, ISOC, IETF need to raise a permanent memorial
(physical and virtual and international) that will make a permanent record
of John Perry Barlow's words.

His early writings were the first I heard and read that crystallized the
true value of what we were working on.

Actually, it is time to follow Vint Cerf's current work to make a permanent
space on the Internet for capturing such work as this -- and promoting it
the each teacher, to each lawmaker, to each government worker in every
country that will listen.

Gene Gaines