Interesting People mailing list archives

Re EarthNow to Deliver Real-Time Video via Large Satellite Constellation

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 16:42:20 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andy Moss <andrew_moss () msn com>
Date: April 21, 2018 at 12:54:18 PM EDT
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re EarthNow to Deliver Real-Time Video via Large Satellite Constellation

Regardless of its initial resolution, what will it be in a few years? We need to get out of the naïveté of the
digital dark ages where people do things because they can without considering the unintended consequences. Ethical
considerations should be part of  design. They can’t be adequately addressed after the fact. It’s time to begin a new
era of Enlightened Computing. Just my two cents....

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos