Interesting People mailing list archives

Re DOJ Files Suit to Block Merger Between AT&T and Time-Warner

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:11:21 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: November 21, 2017 at 12:51:10 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>, Jonathan Spira <jonathan.spira () accuramediagroup com>
Cc: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Subject: Re: [IP] DOJ Files Suit to Block Merger Between AT&T and Time-Warner

Either Trump isn't as merger friendly as we thought or he's gunning for his friends at CNN.

I find it sad that we now assume the president had a hand in this decision personally. (Nothing against Mr. Spira, I
assumed the same thing.)

Obviously each president changes the character of the administration, and that influence is felt when these decisions
are made. But individual cases should not be influenced by the executive.

“Should not”….

--
TTFN,
patrick