Interesting People mailing list archives

Something is wrong on the internet

From: "DAVID FARBER" <dfarber () me com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 17:48:59 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: November 6, 2017 at 5:37:19 PM EST
To: nnsquad () nnsquad org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] [YouTube] Something is wrong on the internet

[YouTube] Something is wrong on the internet

https://medium.com/@jamesbridle/something-is-wrong-on-the-internet-c39c471271d2

   "Someone or something or some combination of people and things
   is using YouTube to systematically frighten, traumatise, and
   abuse children, automatically and at scale, and it forces me
   to question my own beliefs about the internet, at every level.
   Much of what I am going to describe next has been covered
   elsewhere, although none of the mainstream coverage I've seen
   has really grasped the implications of what seems to be
   occurring."

- - -

Very long, quite informative, and regarding an aspect of YouTube that
I've not been familiar with up to now. The dynamics here do seem
bizarre.

--Lauren--