Interesting People mailing list archives

RIP Howard Schmidt

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 16:38:01 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
Date: March 2, 2017 at 4:30:01 PM EST
To: Infowarrior List <infowarrior () attrition org>
Cc: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: RIP Howard Schmidt

I just heard via a friend in DC that security pro Howard Schmidt passed away today.  For those that knew him, Howard
was one of the infosec community's elders with a long history in government, military, and private sector infosec and
computer crimes experience, to include serving as a security czar at both the White House and at Microsoft.   I knew
him dating back to the mid-90s when he served as a mentor to me when I began doing computer crimes work in DC a few
years after college.  --rick

On Thursday morning, March 2nd 2017, in the presence of his wife and four sons, Howard Anthony Schmidt (67), a
loving husband, father and grandfather peacefully passed away following a long battle with cancer, in his Muskego,
Wisconsin home. Howard is survived by his wife, Raemarie, his four sons and their wives, Kyle & Revea, David & Amy,
Andrew & Hollie, Anthony & Lauren and his 8 grandchildren, Kylie, Nicholas (Kyle), Ashlyn, Grant (David) Abigail,
Eleanor, William (Andrew) and Layla (Anthony).
Funeral service details will be shared shortly.