Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Trump's budget calls for sensible cuts in research

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 00:03:19 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Chris Beck <cbeck () pacanukeha net>
Date: Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re Trump's budget calls for sensible cuts in research
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>

While it may be true that NIDA is a worthy target, one highly doubts that
an authoritarian in the vein of Donald "I still think they should execute
the Central Park Five even though they were found innocent" Trump is going
to chose that as one of his spending targets.

<snark>One would suspect that if anything he'd move the funding for
research on the health effects of environmental problems into it.</snark>

An anti-science, anti-logic, anti-fact mind is not where I'd first look to
get ideas about pruning any research funding, indeed it is reasonable to
assume most choices will be wrong except by chance.

Best,
Chris