Interesting People mailing list archives

Google: Responding to the "Campaign for Accountability" report on academic research

From: "DAVID FARBER" <dfarber () me com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 19:54:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: July 11, 2017 at 6:21:58 PM EDT
To: nnsquad () nnsquad org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Google: Responding to the "Campaign for Accountability" report on academic research

Google: Responding to the "Campaign for Accountability" report on academic research

https://www.blog.google/topics/public-policy/responding-campaign-accountability-report-academic-research/

     Today the Campaign for Accountability released a report about
   our funding of academic research.  It claims to list hundreds
   of papers we've "in some way funded."  The report is highly
   misleading. For example, the report attributes to Google any
   work that was supported by any organization to which we belong
   or have ever donated (such as CCIA).  Nevertheless, we're
   proud to maintain strong relations with academics,
   universities and research institutes, in our own name, so we
   wanted to take a few moments to respond to the report.