Interesting People mailing list archives

Internet Hall of Fame nominations open

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:16:19 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Internet hall of fame <internethalloffame () isoc org>
Date: Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM
Subject: Internet Hall of Fame nominations open
To: Carly Morris <morris () isoc org>, Wende Cover <cover () isoc org>
Cc: Ayesha Hassan <hassan () isoc org>, James Wood <jwood () isoc org>

Dear Internet Hall of Fame Inductees,

2017 marks a significant milestone for the Internet Society.  We celebrate
25 years of dedication to our mission: an open, secure Internet that
benefits all people throughout the world.

We will also re-launch the Internet Hall of Fame and with the Internet
Society’s 25th anniversary as a backdrop, welcome a new class of inductees
to this distinguished community.

Nominations are open and we are looking for:

   - *Pioneers* who were instrumental in the Internet's evolution;

   - *Innovators* who made outstanding technological, commercial,
   regulatory or policy advances;

   - *Global Connectors* who contributed to the growth, connectivity, and
   use of the Internet that resulted in global impact.

The Internet Hall of Fame honors individuals who have pushed the boundaries
to bring the Internet to life and make it an essential resource for
billions of people.

If you would like to nominate someone, please visit:
http://internethalloffame.org/nominations

The deadline for nominations is March 15, 2017, and we will announce the
next class of inductees in September.

Please spread the word and share this message with any of your networks and
contacts who may find this of interest.

If you have any questions, you please contact internethalloffame () isoc org.

Best,

Carly