Interesting People mailing list archives

Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware (Full Documentary)

From: "David Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 08:44:18 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware (Full Documentary)
Date: February 9, 2017 at 6:28:53 AM EST
To: Multiple recipients of Dewayne-Net <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>

Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware (Full Documentary)
By Wired UK
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY&t=1s>

Future Cities, a full-length documentary strand from WIRED Video, takes us inside the bustling Chinese city of
Shenzhen.

We examine the unique manufacturing ecosystem that has emerged, gaining access to the world’s leading
hardware-prototyping culture whilst challenging misconceptions from the west. The film looks at how the evolution of
“Shanzhai” – or copycat manufacturing – has transformed traditional models of business, distribution and innovation,
and asks what the rest of the world can learn from this so-called “Silicon Valley of hardware".

Future Cities is part of a new flagship documentary strand from WIRED Video that explores the technologies, trends and
ideas that are changing our world. Subscribe to the WIRED YouTube channel to ensure you never miss an episode.

Video: 1:07:50 min

Dewayne-Net RSS Feed: <http://dewaynenet.wordpress.com/feed/>