Interesting People mailing list archives

Right on Re New Trump Deportation Rules

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:00:21 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Narelle <narellec () gmail com>
Date: February 22, 2017 at 6:56:50 PM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re New Trump Deportation Rules

As  non-US person, what you USAmericans put in your constitution and regulation doesn't really interest me that much.
There are many other things that do interest me and often that has me working with US citizens. Over the years I have
been there are few times, too.

Right now, with all the confusion and ill-thought through changes, if I want to enter the US, it will mean dealing
with overly suspicious immigration officials who are over-worked, underpaid and massively understaffed to do the job
they have to do. With the potential to be turned around regardless of visa status at your own cost.  And massive
queues. Loads of hassle, and I mean HASSLE.

So that means I will now avoid travelling to the US if I can. I expect I am not alone in this. And I come from
*Australia* - one of your allies, if not your closest. It's dead easy for us to visit by comparison with everyone
else.

Just how much is tourism and business travel worth to the USA? How many jobs does that mean?

The situation is just plain dumb.

--

Narelle
narellec () gmail com