Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Experience with a radio interview

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 15:04:29 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rob McEwen <rob () invaluement com>
Date: December 16, 2017 at 12:04:32 PM EST
To: dave () farber net, ip <ip () listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Experience with a radio interview

This is likewise partly how the global warming hysteria got started. Journalists shopped around for the most
hysterical assessment - and attention seekers who didn't have your good ethics - accommodated. Then, reasonable and
science-based assessments were ignored and eventually got marginalized. Now you've seen this first hand, with a
different topic. I'm wondering if you would have called this history lesson a "conspiracy theory" if I had mentioned
this yesterday? Correct?
--Rob McEwen