Interesting People mailing list archives

] End of Year Video Special: "Man of La Mancha" - "The Ed Sullivan Show" - 1966

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 23:53:37 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Subject: [ NNSquad ] End of Year Video Special: "Man of La Mancha" - "The
Ed Sullivan Show" - 1966
To: <nnsquad () nnsquad org>

End of Year Video Special: "Man of La Mancha" - "The Ed Sullivan Show" -
1966

Lately I've been discussing various of the ways in which I believe that
YouTube needs to improve. But as I always stress, I'm also one of
YouTube's biggest fans. Here's one example of why.

On Sunday, February 20, 1966, an extended performance of scenes and
songs from Broadway's "Man of La Mancha" was broadcast on the "Ed
Sullivan Show." A reference recording survives, capturing performances
by the actors who created the roles.  It's a wonder.

Yes, I've sometimes been accused of having something of a Don Quixote
complex myself. I won't argue that point.  In any case, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPKOBRvNIHo

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lauren () vortex com): https://www.vortex.com
<https://www.vortex.com/lauren>