Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Finally the end of SCO?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:48:54 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Peter H Salus" <peter () pedant com>
Date: March 31, 2010 7:56:46 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net, "ip" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Finally the end of SCO?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:15:36 -0400, Dave Farber wrote
Begin forwarded message:

From: "James P.G. Sterbenz" <jpgs () ittc ku edu>
Date: March 30, 2010 8:43:27 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: "James P.G. Sterbenz" <jpgs () ittc ku edu>
Subject: Finally the end of SCO?

SCO loses (again) to Novell; the court rules that SCO doesn't own
UNIX.  Hopefully this will finally be the end of SCO, but they are
already saying they will continue to sue IBM.

Good reading for IP...

Unfortunately, I don't think it's over yet.
(a) The SCO Group will file for appeal with the 10th Circuit;
(b) The 10 Circuit panel will reject the appeal;
(c) The SCO Group will fill for en banc hearing;
(d) The full court will reject;
(e) The arbitration process in Switzerland will resume;
and
(f) The Lanham Act counterclaims of IBM will be resumed.

Please fasten your seatbelts and place your seat backs and
traytables in an upright position.

Peter

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible and wrong." -- H.L. Mencken

Buy my "The Daemon, the Gnu, and the Penguin" (ISBN 978-0-9790342-3-7)
available from amazon.com and amazon.ca

                Peter H. Salus, Ph.D.
                211 St. Patrick St., #1001
                Toronto, ON M5T 2Y9
                    CANADA
        peter () netpedant com         +1 416 408-1728