Interesting People mailing list archives

Apple's Death Wish?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:24:54 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Bennett <richard () bennett com>
Date: March 25, 2010 4:14:49 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Apple's Death Wish?

Probably relates to export controls on the encryption and/or licensing restrictions on the content. I doubt that the average consumer really cares one way or another, and also doubt that it's anything new.

On 3/25/2010 1:04 PM, Dave Farber wrote:

>From: "Randall Webmail" <rvh40 () insightbb com>
>To: <dave () farber net>, <dewayne () warpspeed com>
>Date: March 25, 2010 02:23:16 PM EDT
>Subject: Apple's Death Wish?

[[Note: The author is an American muon physicist at the Canadian nuclear research institute, TRIUMF]]

This just in.  On vacation in Mexico, I went to download an app to my
iPod, and got the following notice (68 pp, of which I am mercifully
displaying only the first few lines) explaining how Apple was planning to go out of business RSN, and the last couple of legal boilerplate at
the end that may have something to do with why: