Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: 3G-Ready Nexus One Now Available Unlocked on AT&T - Google - Gizmodo

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:48:29 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rahul Tongia <tongia.cmu () gmail com>
Date: March 17, 2010 9:39:46 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: 3G-Ready Nexus One Now Available Unlocked on AT&T - Google - Gizmodo

So, can't a *phone manufacturer* use a multi-band chip (which conforms to the respective spectrum requirements) - this
is before we dream of SDR solutions?

Can someone from industry help me understand the cost tradeoffs between adding more bands (just one, really) on silicon
vs. the much higher volume a pseudo-universal chip might allow for?

Rahul