Interesting People mailing list archives

Fun with "Lie Detectors" - NSA's "Truth About Polygraphs" Video

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:13:57 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <privacy () vortex com>
Date: June 13, 2010 11:13:30 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Fun with "Lie Detectors" - NSA's "Truth About Polygraphs" Video

Fun with "Lie Detectors" - NSA's "Truth About Polygraphs" Video

Greetings.  Now here's an interesting video.  The Defense Security
Service (DSS) has produced an (apparently rather new) eight minute
presentation explaining to (presumably NSA - National Security Agency)
employees and applicants that they have "nothing to worry about" from
required polygraph tests, and how these should rather be viewed as
"interesting experiences" to perhaps be gleefully anticipated -- or at
least not be feared.

The Defense Security Service site that hosts the original material
displays the video in an incredibly annoying Flash player that appears
to have no navigation or other controls of any kind (!), at least on
all browsers that I tested.  So I've made a copy of the full video
available on YouTube for much more convenient viewing.

I especially like the informational pamphlet displayed near the end
of the piece.

And remember -- always tell the truth!

NSA: "The Truth About the Polygraph":

http://bit.ly/dwOi6g  (YouTube)

Original video source:

http://bit.ly/dCzykQ  (Defense Security Service)

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren () vortex com
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
http://www.pfir.org/lauren
Co-Founder, PFIR
  - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, NNSquad
  - Network Neutrality Squad - http://www.nnsquad.org
Founder, GCTIP - Global Coalition
  for Transparent Internet Performance - http://www.gctip.org
Founder, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com