Interesting People mailing list archives

re rAT&T's worst security breach? (was: re: Apple's Worst Security Breach: 114,000 iPad Owners Exposed)

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:16:22 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peter Capek <capek () ieee org>
Date: June 10, 2010 1:28:47 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: joehall () gmail com
Subject: [IP] AT&T's worst security breach? (was: re: [IP] Apple's Worst Security Breach: 114,000 iPad Owners Exposed)

I don't know if this week's revelation was in fact AT&T's worst security breach (or even how one
measures these things; my vote would be for letting NSA eavesdrop on its data network without a warrant), but it
seems pretty clear from what's been revealed that it is not Apple's fault.  I wonder how many people have seen the
subject line about "Apple's Worst Security Breach" repeatedly in their in-box, reinforced by "iPad Owners Exposed"
and taken away an inaccurate impression.   As I like to say, this is how facts get created.

                 Peter