Interesting People mailing list archives

re White House Proposes Vast Federal Internet Identity Scheme

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:48:58 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andy Oram <andyo () oreilly com>
Date: June 27, 2010 10:30:47 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] White House Proposes Vast Federal Internet Identity Scheme

I feel strange having to oppose Lauren so strongly here, but to help staunch some of the FUD right off, I'll give
your readers a look at a draft I wrote before it goes live:

http://praxagora.com/andyo/draft/privacy_omb_directive.html

Once I put up the blog I'll take down this draft, which might have to undergo changes (and I encourage readers to
send me comments today).

The Office of Management and Budget explicitly endorses anonymity for blog comments--Lauren's error here is just an
example of how exaggerated he got in his rhetoric.

Andy