Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: correction and comment Query. How many netflix HD streaming movies can 200 megabyte per month support

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:01:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sascha Meinrath <meinrath () newamerica net>
Date: June 4, 2010 9:11:04 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] correction and comment Query. How many netflix HD streaming movies can 200 megabyte per month support

Hi Dave,

Hopefully, the absurdity of AT&T's new pricing scheme should be self-evident.
If I pay the 100% markup to tether my laptop, I can watch one half of an HD
movie before I go over my quota each month.  Prior to this, AT&T was making
tethering extremely difficult, now they're just making it useless for anything
but the most basic online services.

--Sascha Meinrath
Director, Open Technology Initiative
New America Foundation