Interesting People mailing list archives

Homomorphic encryption cannot redeem

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:33:23 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brian Randell <Brian.Randell () ncl ac uk>
Date: July 13, 2010 11:07:37 AM EDT
To: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Cc: dave () farber net
Subject: Fwd: RE: [cs-security] Fwd: [IP] Homomorphic encryption cannot redeem

David:

I liked your response on IP to Richard Stallman's (also very interesting) message, and took the liberty of forwarding
both messages to a colleague here, Lindsay Marshall.

I thought you might be interested in his response to your comments.

Cheers

Brian Randell

From: Lindsay Marshall <Lindsay.Marshall () newcastle ac uk>
To: Brian Randell <brian.randell () newcastle ac uk>

That's very close to what I wrote about in my agents Hotel  paper in fact : basically there is no easy or obvious
way to be able to trust any remote execution environment owned by someone else.

http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/publications/trs/papers/698.pdf

L.

--
School of Computing Science, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE1 7RU, UK