Interesting People mailing list archives

re: Gadgets and Garters

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:27:21 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amy Wohl <amy () wohl com>
Date: January 8, 2010 5:24:46 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Gadgets and Garters

A replay.  When COMDEX ruled Las Vegas they originally permitted the
porn-brokers on the floor.  As a member of the program committee and a
columnist in the show daily, I complained to COMDEX's owner Sheldon Adelson both in person and in my column. The adult entertainment moved to another Las Vegas venue, but ran simultaneously with COMDEX. It just (so I heard)
got raunchier, on its own.

I don't know the relationship between the adult entertainment show of the COMDEX era and this one, but I bet a lot of the players both running the
booths and visiting them are the same.

Amy Wohl

Amy D. Wohl
Editor, Amy Wohl's Opinions