Interesting People mailing list archives

re Jewish prayer causes flight diversion

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:15:19 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: January 21, 2010 5:59:27 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Jewish prayer causes flight diversion

This will continue to get more and more absurd, until someone is
killed.  There will be an over-reaction, and in the hysteria of the
moment, some ignorant and panicked person with a gun is going to
shoot someone who's completely harmless.

It could have happened today: what if the kid only spoke Hebrew?
Or what if he was deaf?  Or what if the other passengers had
gang-tackled him and he fought back -- because of course that'd be
a reasonable reaction under the circumstances?

I'm not in the least little bit worried about a terrorist attack on
an airplane.  I'm worried about all the cowards who see a threat in
everything and everyone that's not completely familiar to them.

---Rsk