Interesting People mailing list archives

Verizon-Google Joint Filing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:06:08 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Hoewing, C. L." <c.l.hoewing () verizon com>
Date: January 15, 2010 8:52:53 AM EST
To: "Hoewing, C. L." <c.l.hoewing () verizon com>
Subject: Verizon-Google Joint Filing

Verizon and Google made a joint filing last night in the FCC’s Net Neutrality proceeding.   In making this filing, we
are trying to sketch out a framework for the Internet ecosystem which builds on the Internet’s self-governance
foundations but also includes mechanisms to deal with the inevitable “bad actors”.   It attempts to come up with a
model for innovation and accountability on the Internet that works with the new networks and applications we see today.
 I would appreciate your feedback.

LINK

http://policyblog.verizon.com/BlogPost/689/OurCommonGroundontheOpenInternet.aspx

Link Hoewing