Interesting People mailing list archives

PSTN congestion and snow storms in the NE

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:12:09 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jonathan B Spira <jspira () basex com>
Date: February 10, 2010 11:43:18 AM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: PSTN congestion and snow storms in the NE

Dave

It´s taking me ca. 10 dials to successfully place a single phone cal l from my home office this morning here in New York.

I am getting a variety of ACD messages (both from the LEC, Verizon, and various other carriers) when I attempt calls.

I have Verizon FiOS here so I am going to directly to the FiOS softswitch and bypassing what used to be my local C.O.

Voice traffic shouldn´t be that much different today than a normal w orkday so I wonder what´s up.

Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Szívélyes üdvözlet/Cordialement/ Cordiali saluti/Saludos/Vänliga hälsningar

/s/ Jonathan
Jonathan B. Spira
CEO and Chief Analyst
Basex, Inc.