Interesting People mailing list archives

FCC to ask TV stations to yield 500MHz of spectrum for broadband

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:40:55 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley (RJR)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: February 25, 2010 6:19:09 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] FCC to ask TV stations to yield 500MHz of spectrum for broadband

Dave for IP if you wish.

It is BS to allow the broadcast industry to sell what is a public asset. I think that our response should be to levy an annual tax on their spectrum :)

Ronald J. Riley,

I am speaking only on my own behalf.
Affiliations:
President - www.PIAUSA.org - RJR at PIAUSA.org
Executive Director - www.InventorEd.org - RJR at InvEd.org
Senior Fellow - www.PatentPolicy.org
President - Alliance for American Innovation
Caretaker of Intellectual Property Creators on behalf of deceased founder Paul Heckel
Washington, DC
Direct (810) 597-0194 / (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 8 pm EST.