Interesting People mailing list archives

RESEND re TSA to swab airline passengers' hands in search for explosives - CNN.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:59:13 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Levine <johnl () iecc com>
Date: February 17, 2010 7:30:13 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] re TSA to swab airline passengers' hands in search for explosives - CNN.com

Although everyone seems to be in agreement that it's a good idea,

There's an awful lot of innocent sources of nitrates.  A friend
suggested that if you had bacon grease on your hands from breakfast,
particularly raw grease, that could trigger the detectors.  Wipe a
little bacon fat on the handle of your boss' briefcase and just
imagine the fun.

FWIW, they swabbed my hands at security at the Rochester NY airport
this past Monday.  Lucky for me, I'd washed my hands.

R's,
John