Interesting People mailing list archives

Interesting people for a Swiss think tank

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:31:29 -0500

From: "Martin F Krafft" <mail () martin-krafft net>
To: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: February 15, 2010 10:52:32 PM EST
Subject: Interesting people for a Swiss think tank

Dear Prof. Farber,

I am a Free Software enthusiast with strong interests in our
environment, urban design, and freedom in general.

I have just attended "Kiwi Foo Camp"[0], which is a yearly
invite-only "unconference" that has frequently been called something
akin to an "independent think tank". The conference was very
inspiring, and the set of people present truly outstanding: techies,
artists, politicians, farmers, craftsmen, urban architects, etc.

0. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi_foo_camp

My partner and I enjoyed the conference so much that we would like
to replicate this type of event in our home country, Switzerland.

We are now brainstorming for interesting people, and I admit it was
the name that made me think of your mailing list, to which I have
been subscribed for years, and which I read with great interest.

I'd prefer not to harvest the archives for contact details, hence my
question: do you have a name/e-mail directory of your subscribers,
possibly even with affiliation? I realise you might not want to hand
this out to some random stranger, but maybe you will, given my
cause.

If you're in doubt, maybe I could elaborate a bit?

Do you have other ideas how I could let the most diverse group of
interesting people know about our event, once we have it planned?

Do you know anyone in Switzerland or thereabouts who you think
should attend such an event?

Thanks,

--
Martin F. Krafft <mail () martin-krafft net> http://martin-krafft.net/

Linux and network security consultant
Debian developer, open source software researcher
Author of "The Debian System" (http://debiansystem.info/)

Spamtraps: <mail.bogus () martin-krafft net>