Interesting People mailing list archives

iPad magazine pricing

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:24:45 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
Date: April 4, 2010 10:54:05 AM EDT
To: Infowarrior List <infowarrior () attrition org>
Cc: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: iPad magazine pricing

An interesting commentary about the way stuff is being priced/marketed on the iPad.   The other day I looked around
at Kindle pricing of some stuff and noticed a similar pattern....it's still cheaper to get the Economist in hardcopy
than it is on the Kindle (and presumably iPad).   Based on the comments in this blog entry, the same seems to apply
to other magazines/newspapers as well.  ---rick

iPad app pricing: A last act of insanity by delusional content companies

http://charman-anderson.com/2010/04/02/ipad-app-pricing-a-last-act-of-insanity-by-delusional-content-companies/

(Yes, I *might* consider an iPad Mark 2 (second-gen) as a 'gadget' or 'curiosity purchase....but I see no compelling
need/reason to buy one now, nor do I see this as 'revolutionizing the computing industry.  Though perhaps if it was
less-locked-down or an iPhone-on-Steroids I might feel otherwise.)

-rick