Interesting People mailing list archives

AT&T MicroCell Experiences

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:30:45 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: April 12, 2010 7:59:04 PM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] AT&T MicroCell Experiences

[Note:  This item comes from a reader who doesn't wish attribution.  My reader tells me that you can now pick them up
in AT&T stores.  DLH]

Date: April 12, 2010 3:10:21 PM PDT
To: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: Att MicroCell

My neighbor and myself installed ours yesterday... So far I am underwhelmed.
Range is really limited.  I get about 30 feet

Latency at the moment is almost 4 seconds
Down load on most test sites is about 1.4 Mb but upload seems capped somehow at 47Kb

I would think it should be comparable to a regular cell site in terms of speed. My tests are under
single user condition with a 100Mb internet feed and bypassing the firewall.

My neighbor is seeing about the same thing.  Nothing specific I can find on the forums about what
other are seeing yet.  Yes it can make a voice call but the data path really sucks.RSS Feed:
<http://www.warpspeed.com/wordpress>