Interesting People mailing list archives

good read: Dan Gilmor on iPad-Journalism Objectivity

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:16:12 -0400

I agree, darn good read. djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
Date: April 9, 2010 10:47:10 AM EDT
Cc: Farber Dave <dave () farber net>
Subject: good read: Dan Gilmor on iPad-Journalism Objectivity

IMHO such questions about conflcit of interest are a  VERY worrysome prospect:, not just for the Times, but for any
content provider in a future of such iPad-ish Walled Gardens:

"That’s only one issue I raised with the Times’ spokesman. Here’s another, which I’ve also raised with Nisenholtz and
people at the Wall Street Journal and USA Today: Does Apple, which maintains control over what iPad apps are made
available, have the unilateral right to remove these journalism organizations’ news apps if the apps deliver
information to audiences that Apple considers unacceptable for any reason?"

Dan's entire posting is worth reading:

Complicating Relationships in Media: Apple, NY Times Dealings Raise Questions
http://mediactive.com/2010/04/08/complicating-relationships-in-media-apple-ny-times-dealings-raise-questions/