Interesting People mailing list archives

re iPad magazine pricing

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:46:46 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gary Johnston <johnston () nku edu>
Date: April 5, 2010 7:05:41 AM EDT
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] iPad magazine pricing

No compelling reason? I bought my wife one and it was delivered 10:00 AM Saturday morning. After I set it up for her
and showed her how to download books from Gutenberg, I have not seen her since without it propped in her hands. She
claims that her 3GS will henceforth be relegated to phone calls only.

In a rare moment when she put it down to sleep, I downloaded the Foreflight pilot app. I couldn't believe the clarity
of the screen and increased usability of the iPad HD version of the app. It was astounding. And after two days or
heavy day and night use, the battery still had a charge. Wow.

Whoops. She's waking up. Gotta delete the app and go.

Gary Johnston
NKU

Sent from Gary's 3GS iPhone