Interesting People mailing list archives

Question for you and/or the IP List - Broadcasting from the Backcountry?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:32:54 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Painter <tvhawaii () gmail com>
Date: April 25, 2010 5:53:53 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Question for you and/or the IP List - Broadcasting from the Backcountry?

Something like this work for you?

The Thrane & Thrane Explorer 500 gives you high speed internet access anywhere on earth via the global Inmarsat BGAN Network.
Data
The standard IP service offers access to corporate networks via a secure VPN connection at speeds up to 492kbps. It enables you to access e-mail and other office applications, browse the Internet and send large file attachments.
Streaming IP
For applications where quality of service is paramount, such as live video or videoconferencing, BGAN offers an 'on-demand' Streaming IP service at speeds up to 256kbps. You can choose the data rate on a case-by-case basis depending on your application.

http://allroadsat.com/mobilerentals/explorer500-rental.aspx

Streaming IP

Select guaranteed data rates on demand to suit your application. Choose BGAN X-Stream for speeds in excess of 384kbps for live video broadcasting.

http://www.inmarsat.com/Services/Land/BGAN/default.aspx