Interesting People mailing list archives

Will Google or Cisco Determine Our Future Broadband Networks?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:49:53 -0400

I also remember while I was at Bell Labs we wrote a letter to AT&T asking if we could do some experimentation on packet switching -- -- we had read among other things the Baron memo. We received a reply from AT&T which I can paraphrase at this late date as "there is no business in the data area".

Dave

Begin forwarded message: