Interesting People mailing list archives

Mozilla

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 07:56:39 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Frode Hegland <frode () hyperwords net>
Date: September 6, 2009 5:11:02 AM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Mozilla

We have had an update to our Hyperwords Extension for Firefox waiting for approval from Mozilla for over a month now. It used to be a week max.

Has Mozilla lost its edge?

With Safari and Chrome for competition, it would have been safe to assume they would be working hard on stability (we get more crash reports from users now than before) and on making sure one of their competitive points (add-ons) are doing well.

But judging from their latest updates they are focusing on something else. Not sure what. Or maybe they have simply lost focus.

Our focus is certainly shifting to other platforms.

Anyone on IP have any insight into what's happing at Mozilla HQ?

     frode hegland

    The Hyperwords Company Ltd.
    59 Brewer Street, London W1F  9UN
    United Kingdom