Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: ICANN Press Release for 10:00 EDT--"Commerce Department and ICANN Sign Historic Accord on Internet Governance"

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:55:14 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Edward Hasbrouck <edward () hasbrouck org>
Date: September 30, 2009 14:47:01 EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] ICANN Press Release for 10:00 EDT--"Commerce Department and ICANN Sign Historic Accord on Internet Governance"

On 30 Sep 2009 at 14:12, "Dave Farber" <Dave Farber <dave () farber net>>
wrote:

Subject: ICANN Press Release for 10:00 EDT--"Commerce Department and
ICANN Sign Historic Accord on Internet Governance"

Unfortunately ICANN's new "commitment" to transparency was developed and adopted in secrecy, in flagrant violation of ICANN's own procedural rules:

http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=09/09/30/165214

More background on what has happened when I've tried to invoke ICANN's
purported transparancy to get access to documents and meetings in order to
report on ICANN's back-room dealings, and then tried to invoke ICANN's
purported accountability mechanisms when I was refuses access:

http://hasbrouck.org/icann/

Best regards,

Edward Hasbrouck

Edward Hasbrouck