Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Constant Guard - Combating Bots

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:50:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: October 11, 2009 9:26:16 AM EDT
To: Gerry Faulhaber <gerry-faulhaber () mchsi com>
Cc: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Constant Guard - Combating Bots

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 06:31:12PM -0400, Gerry Faulhaber wrote:
Comcast gets a gold star for this one. Comcast has been trying mightily to turn its customer service around, which is a really tough fight when you start with a bad rep. I think this should go pretty far in getting
Comcast into customers' good graces.  Way to go, guys.

And I concur that -- on a strategic level -- this is the right direction
to go.  (There is, however, a serious question about tactics that I'll
address below.)

But I'd like to point something out: Comcast is belatedly just starting
to address a critical security problem that's been well-known for much
of this decade.