Interesting People mailing list archives

Technology & People - On the Lighter Side: Bell Labs Music Video

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 10:30:34 -0400

I recognized a lot of old friends in the movie. I arrived at Bell Labs in 1956 as bright eyed young Stevens graduate. It was an experience I will never forget. Exposure to some of the pioneers in an early age shaped my career. I also met my wife there.

It is said that we will most likely never see such an organization in our country again. It was a unique "accident" of history at Bell Labs did what it did.

I'm in the process of documenting what I saw at the Labs (it's interesting to note that in those days when somebody asked where I worked I said "the Labs" and they all knew what I meant) during those early years hopefully I will finish this soon.

Dave
Begin forwarded message: