Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: EFF defends Yes Men from business rage over climate hoax - Ars Technica

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:23:53 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Shari Steele <ssteele () eff org>
Date: October 26, 2009 2:10:40 PM EDT
To: kgainer () columbus rr com
Cc: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] EFF defends Yes Men from business rage over climate hoax - Ars Technica

Hi Kevin.
EFF's website was, indeed, overloaded this weekend. Our sysadmin made a fix to the web server configuration on Saturday night, and the site seems to be working fine now. Our tech team is still looking into the cause of the problem, but our sysadmin suspects there was some misconfiguration on our end and nothing as exciting as a DOS attack from the U.S. Chamber! Please let me know if you have any other difficulties trying to join. We sure could use your help! Thanks for your support!
Shari

Shari Steele                                        ssteele () eff org
Executive Director                             415.436.9333 (voice)
Electronic Frontier Foundation        415.436.9993 (fax)
454 Shotwell Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

Become an EFF member!  -- http://www.eff.org/support/

"Any time someone puts a lock on something you own, against your wishes, and doesn't give you the key, it's not being done to your benefit." - (Cory) Doctorow's Law