Interesting People mailing list archives

Workshop to design a secure system engineering competition -- Dec. 1 deadline for applications

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:22:32 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Carl E. Landwehr" <carl.landwehr () gmail com>
Date: November 4, 2009 12:51:42 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Workshop to design a secure system engineering competition -- Dec. 1 deadline for applications

Dave,
For IP if you think it appropriate.

For a long time I have had in mind creating a competition of some sort
that would bring together industry, academic, and government
participants to help us learn the most effective ways of building
systems that have sound security properties and can be extended
without completely redoing the assurance argument. I3P, with IARPA and
NSF sponsorship, is convening a workshop to see whether we can define
such a competition, and we need people with good ideas to participate.
This list is full of such people. Please take a look at the workshop
description available at:

http://www.thei3p.org/events/dessec.html

and consider submitting a sketch for a competition. The deadline for
submissions is 1 December 2009; the workshop will be held 29 March - 1
April 2010.
Thanks very much for your consideration,
--Carl