Interesting People mailing list archives

How to Sink a Major Web Site with a Single Ad

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:44:29 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Frankston <bob2-39 () bobf frankston com>
Date: November 27, 2009 10:15:42 PM EST
To: dave () farber net, 'ip' <ip () v2 listbox com>
Cc: 'Lauren Weinstein' <lauren () vortex com>
Subject: RE: [IP] How to Sink a Major Web Site with a Single Ad

Even worse when they appear in secondary tabs and you can’t figure o ut where the sound is coming from. This can happen you fire up a bro wser that restores the old tabs. You can’t localize the screen sourc e for the audio. Worse if it’s just audio without any visual clues a nd you get background music or multiple audio sources fighting each other. SO much for clueless designers who don’t know how to share wi th others.