Interesting People mailing list archives

As Google Grows, So Too Do its Antitrust Issues [WSJ]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:13:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley \(RJR Com\)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: May 8, 2009 7:36:27 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: As Google Grows, So Too Do its Antitrust Issues [WSJ]

According to WSJ:

As Google Grows, So Too Do its Antitrust Issues
“Hire some antitrust lawyers.” If Google's head lawyer David Drummond hasn't long ago crossed those four words off his to-do list, he might want to get to it.

The search-engine company's name keep surfacing in antitrust-related stories. The latest actually involves an antitrust challenge posed to Google rival Microsoft, which will argue against a European Commission proposal that it promote competing browsers in its Windows operating system. Microsoft plans to turn the tables on Google, arguing that such a requirement would only lift Google's dominance in the global search-advertising market. Click here for the story, from the NYT.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2009/05/08/as-google-grows-so-to-do-the-antitrust-issues/?mod=djemWEB&reflink=djemWEB

I believe that Google and Microsoft deserve each other. They remind me of the outcome in Animal Farm.

America’s independent inventor community is not at all thrilled with Google, Microsoft and other members of the Piracy Coalition. Google has an entitlement mentality, playing schoolyard bully with inventors. They are a member of the Coalition for Patent Fairness, a trade association of well-heeled companies who act as if we should all be serfs serving their profit goals.

A company can only create so much evil before they reach the point that not all the media hype in the world will mask their true nature.

Ronald J. Riley,

Speaking only on my own behalf.
Affiliations:
President - www.PIAUSA.org - RJR at PIAUSA.org
Executive Director - www.InventorEd.org - RJR at InvEd.org
Senior Fellow - www.PatentPolicy.org
President - Alliance for American Innovation
Caretaker of Intellectual Property Creators on behalf of deceased founder Paul Heckel
Washington, DC
Direct (810) 597-0194 / (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 8 pm EST.