Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Jim Cramer on Stock Market Manipulation -- Hang him

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:05:43 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carl Ford <carl.ford () gmail com>
Date: March 13, 2009 5:42:14 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Jim Cramer on Stock Market Manipulation -- Hang him

This is a shooting the messenger moment.

I watched the entire interview with Jon Stewart and I became aware that CNBC would have been considered nay sayers if they had been out in front of these problems, like Jon suggested. I can remember my broker and i fighting over bad news versus going along for the ride. The over leveraged vision was based on risk mitigation strategies that are still being advocated by some.

I also want to say that Sarbox issues would apply when interviewing management.

With all that said, regulators need to be rethought and Stewart makes a great point that the Financial Press is not acting like the fifth estate.

Cramer is someone who should be respected for admiting that.

Kind Regards,

Carl

PS imho opinion if the interview was about Microsoft alot of Apple bigotry would have been avoided.