Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Craigslist to sheriff: Federal law protects site [CNet News]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:39:00 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tilghman Lesher <tilghman () mail jeffandtilghman com>
Date: March 10, 2009 11:49:25 AM EDT
To: "Matthew Tarpy" <tarpy () tarpify com>
Cc: dave () farber net, "Ronald J Riley (RJR Com)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Craigslist to sheriff: Federal law protects site [CNet News]

Okay, let's take a look at some of these ads.  I just pulled up
http://chicago.craigslist.org/m4m/. Remember, according to the sheriff's lawsuit, this is one of the URLs that is chock-full of prostitution ads. I just reviewed the 10 most recent ads. Of these, 1 was already flagged for
removal and of the remaining 9, NONE of them had any terms related to
prostitution.  I'd say that's pretty damning evidence that the sheriff's
lawsuit has no merit.

Let's try /m4w/.  Top 10, NO prostitution.

/w4w/.  Top 10, one ad for a website, 9 with no prostitution.

Remember, all 3 of these, according to the sheriff's lawsuit, are rife with
prostitution ads.  Look for yourself.  Make your own determination.